The smoke alarm shall be a First Alert Model SA710B (carbon zinc battery) or SA710AB (alkaline battery) and shall provide at a minimum the following features and functions:
1. A Photoelectric smoke sensing chamber.
2. The unit shall be capable of self restoring.
3. Fully screened sensing chamber to resist entry of small insects thereby reducing the probability of unwanted alarms.
4. Powered by a supervised 9V (alkaline cat. no. SA710AB) battery and a solid state piezo horn rated at 85dB at 10 ft.
5. A visual red LED power-on indicator to confirm unit is receiving power or is in alarm.
6. A full function test button should check all alarm functions by simulating a smoke condition, causing the unit to alarm.
7. Silence feature - Temporarily silence unwanted nuisance alarms