The carbon monoxide alarm shall be a BRK Model CO250 and shall provide at a minimum the following features and functions:
1. An electrochemical CO sensor.
2. The unit shall be capable of self restoring.
3. The unit shall have an “End of Life” signal after 10 years (120 months) of operation. This signal should be capable of temporarily being silenced for up to 2 days. After about 2 days, the signal will resume. After about 2-3 weeks the signal cannot be silenced.
4. Powered by a supervised 9V battery and a solid state piezo horn rated at 85dB at 10 ft.
5. A visual LED power-on indicator to confirm unit is receiving power or is in alarm.
6. A test/silence button to check all alarm functions and to silence any nuisance alarms. In addition, the unit shall have a low battery silence feature to quiet the low battery chirp for up to eight hours.
7. A tamper resistant locking pin should be provided that locks alarm cover to prevent removal of battery.
8. The CO sensor is adjusted not to detect CO levels below 30 PPM and will not alarm when exposed to constant levels of 30 PPM for 30 days. It will alarm at the following levels: 400 PPM CO between 4 and 15 minutes, 150 PPM CO between 10 and 50 minutes and 70 PPM CO between 60 and 240 minutes.
9. The unit shall be capable of operating between 40°F (4°C) and 100°F (38°C) and relative humidity between 10% and 95%.