The combination smoke and CO alarm shall be a BRK Model SCO500 (cat. no. SCO500B) and shall provide at a minimum the following features and functions:
1. A photoelectric smoke sensing chamber and an electrochemical CO sensor.
2. Wireless interconnect: 915 MHz frequency with 65,000 security codes and 3 channel frequency hopping.
3. A Voice Warning of danger detected in addition to speaking one of 11 preprogrammed locations, e.g. “Warning, Evacuate, Smoke in Basement”. 4. Operates on a Mesh Network; a two-way communication format that sends, receives and re-sends the alarm signals providing a more reliable network.
5. The unit shall have a lower and varying horn frequency to make it easier for the elderly with normal age related hearing loss to better hear the horn.
6. The CO sensor is adjusted not to detect CO levels below 30 PPM and will not alarm when exposed to constant levels of 30 PPM for 30 days. It will alarm at the following levels: 400 PPM CO between 4 and 15 minutes, 150 PPM CO between 10 and 50 minutes and 70 PPM CO between 60 and 240 minutes.
7. The unit shall have an “End of Life” signal. This signal should be capable of temporarily being silenced for up to 2 days. After about 2 days, the signal will resume. After about 2-3 weeks the signal cannot be silenced.
8. A fully screened sensing chamber to resist entry of small insects.
9. Powered by 2 replaceable AA batteries, a solid state horn rated at 85dB at 10 ft and should be capable of self restoring.